For more than 20 years Barrett McBride, PhD, has been successfully partnering with service businesses and professionals, to achieve their business development goals. She consults, coaches and facilitates in the areas of visioning & strategic planning, leadership development, marketing, public relations, coaching and organizational transformation.
She is a much sought-after retreat facilitator, speaker, author and business advisor. She has a unique ability help clients transform a sometimes nebulous, partially formed vision into a concrete, executable plan for success. She is a master of synthesis and her clients often comment on her ability to successfully take an idea to places they had not previously considered, whether it be a new market niche, or an organizational restructuring.
For 20 years, Barrett has led her own international coaching and consulting firm, using the diversity of her own experience to partner with clients who are ready to take the next steps in expanding their professional horizons.
In addition to her consulting practice, Barrett is an Adjunct Professor for the University of San Francisco, where she teaches graduate courses in organization development and undergraduate courses in organizational behavior.
Barrett is also a faculty member for Wellcoaches, Inc., where she teaches in both the basic coach training and professional coach training programs. She has master coach certification (MCC) status with the International Coach Federation and has a master certification in evidence-based coaching from Fielding Graduate University. She is a certified coach through the Center for Credentialing and Education and is Fellow of the Institute of Coaching.
McBride & Associates is a California Certified Small Business.
- Association of Coaching Supervisors
- Coaching Supervision Academy
- European Mentoring and Coaching Council
- Instititute of Coaching, Fellow
- International Coach Federation, Master Coach
- Legal Marketing Association
- OD Network
- Certified Small Business, State of California
- Certified Mediator, California
- Master Certified Coach (MCC), International Coach Federation
- Master Certification in Evidenced Based Coaching
- Certified Coach Supervisor, Coaching Supervision Academy
- Certified Coach, Center for Credentialing and Education
- Certified Executive Wellness Coach, Wellcoaches, Inc.
- Certified MBTI Assessment Provider
- LEAN Administrative Greenbelt, Moresteam, Inc.
- Certified Practitioner, Prosci Change Management
- Up Journey, November 5, 2018
- Grand Rounds of Coaching – co-facilitator (Ongoing, bi-monthly )
- Coaching and the Karpman Drama Triangle (2016)
- Overcoming Immunity to Change for Coaches and Clients (2016)
- Catching our Coaching Assumptions, co-facilitator (2016)
- Coaching at the OK Corral—Building Trust in Coaching Relationships, co-facilitator (2016)
- Self-Esteem, Self-Efficacy and the Transtheoretical Model: A Powerful Combination for Client Goal Achievement (2016)
- Special Topics in Coaching—Contracting, co-facilitator (2016)
- What is Coaching Supervision and How does it Enhance Coaching Mastery? (2016, 2015)
- Enhancing Coaching Outcomes Through Theories of Adult Development (2015)
- What is Coaching Supervision and How does it Enhance Coaching Mastery (2015)
Recent Representative Facilitations
- Facilitated strategic plan development for two of three primary departments for a law firm client
- Facilitated a business development retreat for the Litigation Department for a law firm client
- Facilitated a kick-off retreat for members of a fundraising department embarking on a new capital campaign
- Facilitated the opening post-merger all hands program of 200+ employees to introduce the new structure resulting from the merger of campus and health system HR functions
- Facilitated senior leadership development of communication and meeting norms, goals and strategies for lead business partners and new directors of centers of expertise following the merger of campus and health system HR functions
- Facilitated multiple departmental team meetings related to adapting to the merger
- Facilitated strategic planning sessions for a number of academic and service departments
- Co-facilitated multiple 4-day accelerated learning coach training programs throughout the U.S.
- Up Journey, November 5, 2018
- How Coaches Experience the Flow State and Why it MattersJune 1, 2016
- Health & Wellness Coaching in PracticeCoaching-Praxisfelder. Forschung un Praxis im Dialog (2nd), June 1, 2016
- Health & Wellness Coaching in PracticeCoaching-Praxisfelder. Forschung un Praxis im Dialog, December 3, 2014
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Getting to the Heart of Limiting Assumptions Through Incisive QuestionsTeleconference, February 20, 2018
- What Clients Need Today and How Coaches Facilitate Effective Development of Leaders and ProfessionalsUniversity of the Pacific, Sacramento Campus, 3200 Fifth Ave., Sacramento, CA 95817, Grand Salon Room, January 25, 2018
- Coaching Techniques to Quell Lingering ResistanceWebinar, January 23, 2018
- Coaching and the Karpman Drama Triangle
- Coaching at the OK Corral—Building Trust in Coaching Relationships, co-facilitator
- Self-Esteem, Self-Efficacy and the Transtheoretical Model: A Powerful Combination for Goal Achievement
- Special Topics in Coaching—Contracting, co-facilitator
- What is Coaching Supervision and How does it Enhance Coaching Mastery?
- Enhancing Coaching Outcomes Through Theories of Adult Development
- Conflict Resolution for Teams
Ph.D. Human & Organization Systems, Fielding Graduate University
M.A. Adult Development, Fielding Graduate University
M.S. Organizational Development, University of San Francisco