Barrett has extensive experience working with health care providers, health law service providers, pharmaceutical companies & agencies, health technology professionals, and health policy advocates.
Health Care Providers
Barrett has a long history of working effectively with health systems, hospitals and individual heath care providers. Services include:
- Coaching senior leaders in health care organizations
- Coaching physicians and physician Leaders
- Consulting & presenting on burnout
- Conflict management for physician teams and nursing teams
- Organizational development consulting and facilitation in restructurings
- Development of change and change management initiatives
Health Law Service Providers
Barrett has worked with health law firms and health care lawyers for over a decade:
- Facilitating retreats and Business Development Committee meetings
- Advising on strategic marketing collateral development
- Facilitating and advising on strategic planning efforts
- Coaching individual attorneys
- Representing firms in building relationships with health care provider associations
Barrett supports pharma organizations and agencies through:
- Coaching senior leaders
- Facilitating leadership culture change and development
- Facilitating team building and change management programs for international teams.
Health Technology Professionals
Barrett provides coaching services to professionals and leaders working in the field of software technology & security including:
- CIOs & Associate CIOs
- Other senior leaders in technology
Health Policy Advocates
Barrett coaches health policy advocates. She is a former registered California lobbyist who represented health care providers and national health care organizations before the California Legislature.
Prior to starting her own firm, Barrett championed a health care publication in California that was the first of its kind to cover litigation, legislation and regulation specific to California. A core facet of that publication was an editorial advisory board of health law leaders across the state. From that advisory board she developed client relationships that continue more than 20 years later.
We learn some about the science of medicine in medical school and some about the art of medicine in residency and advanced training. No one teaches you about the business and politics of the life in medicine. Through the hardest 9 months of a burgeoning career, Barrett has served as a coach and trusted counselor. But even while providing necessary support, Barrett is silently and simultaneously championing me to articulate and actuate life and career goals, stepping out of my comfort zone in ways I never thought possible. We don't work with motivational messages or memes; Barrett helps you form a concrete, actionable plan to lead and to succeed. Barrett is a master of her craft .
Assistant Clinical Professor, Cardiology,Academic Medical Center
Pharmaceutical Services Agency
One of the most striking things I have noticed through my coaching work with Barrett is that I feel more capable. Similarly, I feel like I am learning much more from each new experience than I had previously. Barrett's coaching has accelerated my growth as a leader.
Richard Balzer, Ph.D, Senior Vice-President, Vaniam Group